Canaan Valley is a place of wonder for nature lovers looking for their next adventure. With plenty of thrilling adventures and stunning views of the Allegheny Mountains in West Virginia, you may never want to go back home. Book your stay in one of Best of Canaan’s vacation rentals in the Canaan Valley, WV area, for the adventure of a lifetime. We have vacation home rentals to accommodate every group of travelers’ sizes and desires. Follow our guide below to explore the most thrilling spots in the area and take in the glorious views of the West Virginia Mountains.
9 Spots To See the Mountains in Canaan Valley, West Virginia
- Blackwater Falls State Parks: Known for its amber-colored river and some of the most lovely waterfalls in the world, this is a great spot to admire the West Virginia mountains. Hike to Lindy Point Overlook or Pendleton Point Overlook for unbelievable views of the Blackwater Canyon carved in the West Virginia Allegheny Mountains.
- Bald Knob at Canaan Valley State Park: Hike 4,360 feet above sea level to get some of the best views of Canaan Valley and the Allegheny Mountains in West Virginia. Scenic chairlift rides are available in the summer and fall.
- Table Rock Overlook: Take a gander at the enchanting views of the West Virginia Allegheny Mountains, Red Run Valley, Dry Fork Valley, and Otter Creek Wilderness.
- Bear Rocks Preserve: Explore one of the most photographed outdoor spots in West Virginia with incredible views of the mountains, Dolly Sods Wilderness, and Germany Valley.
- North Fork Mountain: Set aside an entire day to explore the breathtaking West Virginia mountain views in this hiking adventure hub.
- Spruce Knob: What better way to take in the magnificent scenery of the mountains than the highest peak in West Virginia, standing 4,863 feet above sea level.
- Appalachian Expeditions: If you feel intimidated by an expedition through the West Virginia mountains, check out one of the guided tours at Appalachian Expeditions.
- Mountain Rail West Virginia: Ride through the breathtaking Allegheny Mountains and take in the glorious West Virginia scenery on the Cass Scenic Railroad.
- Completely immerse yourself in the West Virginia mountains, and magnificent natural scenery in one of Best of Canaan’s vacation rentals tucked away in the wilderness.