Blackwater Falls State Park is filled with adventurous things to do with some of the most breathtaking scenery in the country. The Best of Canaan vacation rentals stand out from hotels you’ll find near the Blackwater Falls area. Best of Canaan provides guests with affordable and comfortable accommodations with friendly service from our staff of local experts. No matter the season, Blackwater Falls State Park remains a premium vacation destination for all nature lovers. Check out our list of some of our favorite things to do at Blackwater Falls State Park below!
6 Things To Do at Blackwater Falls State Park
- Blackwater Falls: Witness the amber-colored waters from Blackwater River plunge five stories at one of the most photographed waterfalls in West Virginia. Blackwater Falls State Park got its name from the water’s dark-amber appearance due to the tannic acid from fallen red spruce needles and hemlock.
- Elakala Falls: This is another breathtaking waterfall at Blackwater Falls State Park. It even made the list of the best 30 waterfalls in the U.S. by MSN Travel. It made the MSN Travel list due to its sculpture-like cascade that is absolutely stunning. When people come to Blackwater Falls, this waterfall is often overlooked for Blackwater Falls. However, Elakala Falls’s unique beauty makes it a must-see in Blackwater Falls State Park.
- Lindy Point Overlook: Hiking to this overlook is one of the most popular things to do at Blackwater Falls State Park. The views of Blackwater Canyon from this area are absolutely enchanting.
- Pendleton Point Overlook: This is another popular overlook for gorgeous views of Blackwater Canyon that only requires an easy-going .2 mile out and back hike to get to.
- Hiking Trails: Another popular thing to do at Blackwater Falls State Park is to explore the hiking trails. The Balanced Rock Trail is one of the most popular, easy-going hikes. The Pase Point Trail is also popular but moderately challenging and starts at the Harold S. Walters Nature Center.
- Blackwater Falls Sled Run: During the winter, one of the most thrilling things to do at Blackwater State Park is to have a blast sledding down the longest sled run on the East Coast.
Explore the adventures at Blackwater Falls State Park by booking your stay today!Tags: Blackwater Falls Hotels, Blackwater Falls State Park Hotels, Blackwater Falls Trails, Hotels Near Blackwater Falls, Hotels Near Blackwater Falls WV, Things To Do at Blackwater Falls